Thursday, August 8, 2013

Review: Bloodborne


Bloodborne
Bloodborne by Gregg Luke

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I enjoy LDS thriller novels because I never have to worry about the content. Better still is when I get to read Gregg Luke's work! So far, this had to be my favorite Gregg Luke novel.

Bloodborne deals with a race to stop money-grubbing psychotics from releasing a viral infection through mosquitos.

The Good
The novel takes place in Hawaii and Utah, but Gregg does an amazing job with his scene locations by turning them on their ear. For instance, his Hawaiian scenes take place on an off-limits island that gets very little rain and is consequently not as lush as the big island or Maui. In Utah, his characters hide out in an awesome, hidden away cabin.

Gregg also has some great twists with his characters and reveals them perfectly. One character has a particularly large bombshell that literally dropped my jaw.

Great tension, characters and locations really made Bloodborne rock!

The Bad
There weren't any large character motivation problems or plot holes that I saw. So, no. There wasn't anything I didn't like about this book.

The Spin
If you like thrillers and prefer clean content, pick up Bloodborne. Sure it's written for the LDS market, but religion takes no part in the story, only preventing a plethora of sex, violence, and profanity from seeping into a great story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts